Driving Instructor Part 1 Training Prices
Instructor training at your own pace
It's not necessary to pay a college for ADI Part 1 training, all the material can be bought and studied at home.
The training for the ADI Part 1 Theory Test and Hazard Perception Test (HPT) is a home study course.
The reason for this is because the required knowledge can be gained by studying the officially recommended reading material which can be bought online and in high street book stores.
IMPORTANT : Please ensure that you have applied to become a Driving Instructor through the Department of Transport BEFORE buying any ADI Part 1 study materials. Among other
things, you will need to fit the
Legal Requirements and to pass a criminal records check (CRB).
List of the recommended reading material:
- The Official Highway Code
- The Official DSA Guide to Driving - The Essential Skills
- The Official DSA Guide to Learning to Drive
- Know your Traffic Signs
- The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception DVD
- Prepare for your Practical Driving Test DVD
- Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999
- Instructional Techniques and Practice for Driving Instructors
- Driving Instructors Handbook
- Practical Teaching Skills for Driving Instructors
- The Official DSA Theory Test for Approved Driving Instructors (DVD-ROM)